Friday, October 1, 2010

It's Here, Reanimated and Better with Zombies!!!


Wow, how time flies. Two years since my last post. Lots has changed. Technology has changed (I love my iPad but I'm writing this blog on a netbook - soon to have Scriviner) and the book market has changed (e-books are all the rage). Well, my online sabbatical ends now.

First, the good news. I can now call myself a published writer. My first published short story, "Travelling a Corpse Over a Thousand Li" appears in the zombie romance anthology, Rigor Amortis. The book is published by Absolute Xpress, a small imprint of Edge Books. It was released today and can be purchased at Amazon.com (not Amazon.ca ... yet). The book cover appears at the side. More to come, of course. I've been working on quite a bit over the past two years.

Let's see...I've got a first draft of my novel, "The Last Miko" done. It is currently in re-write. I've got two short stories on the go as well - both for short story anthologies. I hope at least one of them sells.

In the meantime, I am judging for the Robyn Herrington Memorial Short Story Contest (both High School and Adult level) which is being judged at ConVersion 26 (which I have previously placed first and third), critiquing stories for the Conversion 26 workshop and prepping for my first author reading at Pages in Kensington on Wednesday, October 20 at 7:30 p.m. More info to come when I know more.

Whew. And on top of that, I'm going to have more "Reasons to Read" - all Asian fantasy or Asian fiction by other authors. If you've been paying attention, the first fantasy novel will be obvious. If not, well, wait until next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are now on the Internet Speculative Fiction DataBase (ISFDB): see here.